I think I started this on Christmas Eve, got it finished the morning we took Dad to hospital, and blocked it out one day last week. (Yes, it peaks up like that at centre back. No, I didn't block it out that way. But I didn't block it to obviate the peak, either.)
Knitting was very straight-forward. Good directions; no errors in the pattern or charts. This is not, however, a design for you if you don't like nupps. Each large diamond motif has 28 of them; each small diamond has 4.
This is the cast-on edge, which forms a nice peaked edge. Above that there is a simple knot stitch; you can just see it at the top of this image, and the bottom of the above image. Very effective; it's repeated above the diamond panel.
There's a nice openwork pattern sued above the diamond pattern. Very simple to execute, very effective.
Yarn was from my stash. I know I bought it at a show somewhere, because I remember it came in a very wide range of colours. But I can't remember the vendor or the show. (I can remember the display, though.) The label information says the yarn is named "Gauja", it's 100% wool, spun in Latvia for Headwater Wool. The skein was 100 grams with 350 meters. I used about one-ana-half skeins.
The colour is unusual. In morning light or sunlight, it's looks a very yellowy-green. In indoor light or afternoon/evening, it looks an off-olive.
All in all, a nice knit.
In Other News
As my American readers will know, February is National Pot Roast Month. There is a most excellent recipe here. (I've been eating it for about a week now, and I think it's still good.)
Gotta run. There is a strong possibility I'll be working 7 days/week for the next 3 months, so who knows if I'll be able to post.